The Linking Project 2017-18
As part of our ongoing commitment to community cohesion through our PSHE and SMSC curriculum, the children of Class 3 are to participate in "The Linking Project". This highly successful initiative has developed over several years and, along with St Mary’s C.E. (A) Primary School, includes St Martin’s C of E Primary School, Fitton Hill and St Thomas C of E Primary School, Werneth.
This represents a valuable opportunity for the children of St Mary’s to socialise with and learn alongside children from the two other schools. During the events that form the framework of the project, our children will visit either St Martin’s or St Thomas - or stay in school and receive children from the other schools. This year’s chosen theme for the project is British Values and the children’s learning during the visits will be linked to this theme. Activities at St Mary’s will include a local walk to learn about the area and its history.
Details of Team Building and Linking Days:
- Team Building: Tuesday 10th October 2017 (afternoon) - Hathershaw College
- School Linking Day 1: Wednesday 15th November 2017
- School Linking Day 2: Wednesday 14th March 2018
- School Linking Day 3: Wednesday 20th June 2018
- NB Timings for School Linking Days 9.00am - 3.15pm
- Team Building: Wednesday 4th July 2018 (morning) Alexandra Park
The children will need to bring a packed lunch to school on the Linking Days, whether they are remaining in school or visiting another, as the children have their lunch in the classroom. Please send the packed lunch in a disposable plastic bag labelled with your child’s name.