Year 3 Home Learning
With all the concerns over the coronavirus outbreak and how this might impact schools and your child’s learning, we wanted to offer you some ideas to help you continue their education during school closure.
Visit our website at kids.classroomsecrets.co.uk.
We also appreciate that keeping children engaged in their learning whilst at home is not going to be easy and so we have prepared perfectly matched content for your child that can be completed both independently or with adult support.
For independent learning and games, we recommend using Classroom Secrets Kids (kids.classroomsecrets.co.uk/). Packed with fun and engaging Year 3 content, this online learning platform will guarantee to keep your child learning independently.
For more practical resources and worksheets, we have included a learning pack perfectly matched to the Year 3 content. With a range of resources, these packs will help continue the learning inside your home.
Ideas to support your Year 3 child:
- Recall 3, 4 and 8 multiplications
- Use everyday objects to write fractions
- Compare, order, add and subtract fractions with the same denominators
- Measure objects around the house using a ruler and record in mm and cm
- Baking is a perfect way to measure mass and capacity
- Tell and write the time in 24 hour and analogue - do this at certain times of the day. Ask your children to help create a timetable
- Draw 2D shapes and use a ruler to measure and calculate perimeters
- Add and subtract money using both pounds and pence
- Ensure your child reads every day ask your child to give you a recount of what they have read
- Ask your children to keep a diary and include:-
- Conjunctions, adverbs and prepositions to make sentences longer
- Speech in sentences
- Practise the Y3/4 spelling words
Please can I encourage you to sign up for/install Purple Mash at home. Your child can access Purple Mash from home on a laptop, desktop or a tablet. Purple Mash is a safe environment that does not require any downloading or allow interaction with people online and children cannot make any financial transactions. We will be encouraging the children to continue their learning at home and Purple Mash is a great resource for this. Your child will be taught how to use Purple Mash in school and will be able to use it without supervision, but you may want to take a few minutes to explore it yourself so that you can help them with their work. Please click on the picture link to login to Purple Mash.