Investigating and responding to complaints about schools is the responsibility of the governing body of each school.
All Oldham schools have a School Complaints Procedure for addressing the concerns of parents/carers or other members of the community. Please click on the document below to access a copy of our School's Complaints Procedure.
|Complaints Procedure Greenfield St Mary's 2019-21.pdf||[pdf 264KB]|
Making a Complaint
Discuss your concern with the class teacher or member of staff concerned. Most concerns can be addressed at this stage.
If you are still unhappy, contact the school to arrange an appointment to discuss your concerns with the Headteacher or Deputy Headteacher (or in a secondary school the Head of Year).
Taking Unresolved Complaints Further
You can make a formal complaint in writing to:Governor Support
Complaints for the Local Authority - Senior Complaints Officer
- Delivery of the National Curriculum
- The provision of religious education and collective worship (with the exception of church (aided) schools)
- School admissions or exclusions
- Special educational needs assessments
- Child protection issues and allegations of child abuse
Senior Children's Complaints Officer
For complaints handled by the local authority.
Tel 0161 770 1129
Government Complaints Procedure for Schools
Please select from the following links: